Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's a Bust Thing

I was rummaging my patterns last night looking for a new project or three. I've pulled out patterns for some tops, PJs and a dress from the vintage box to make in time for Self Stitched Sept. As I was trying to choose patterns I noticed that there are a couple of styles I automatically put in the 'not this time' pile. This is a bit of a shame as they're some of my favourite patterns. I know the exact reason I'm passing them over too, it's a bust thing. I'm fairly buxom and have the deeply ingrained notion that high necklines, kimono sleeves and pleats in that region will make my substantial bosom appear to go on for days. Stupid bosom. (I don't really mean that, the rack has been of great use to me over the years, earning me awesome nick names -like Juggs, and feeding my child etc.)

These are a couple of the patterns I'm talking about.



I love them, I want to make them and wear them but I'm just a little anxious about the bust thing. I know, I know, make a muslin and actually see. I'll do that, soon, maybe, one day.



1 comment:

  1. I love that Vogue blouse. Definitely give it a try. The chevron effect might be a good thing to include also.

    ReplyDelete