Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stocktake

Self Stitched September starts tomorrow! I have my first outfit picked out and ready to go. To really get things rolling along I'll end up needing two outfits tomorrow, as there's a birthday to be celebrated!


This past week I've been doing a bit of a stocktake on my self stitched wardrobe. Looking at what I have, what I need and what goes with what. I have discovered that I may need (want) a couple more options by the time the month is half over! The current wardrobe consists of:
  • 4 skirts

  • 1 dress

  • 4 shirts (plus one currently under construction)

  • 3 knit tops

  • 2 pairs of trousers

  • 1 pair of shorts

  • 1 waistcoat

  • 2 pairs of bloomers

  • 3 hand knit cardigans (plus one currently under construction)

  • 2 hand knit vests

  • A pile of scarves, shawls, hats and gloves

Not bad! There are a couple of items there that I don't think will get worn. If that happens they will get donated to the op shop. If it doesn't get worn in Self Stitched September, chances are it's not going to be worn ever! It's still fairly cold in my neck of the woods, maximum temps no higher than 12C predicted for the rest of the week. It would be nice to have a self stitched coat, but the problem is I don't actually need another coat, so it would be a waste of time and fabric to make one just for this month. I'm sure I'll survive!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have the pattern kicking around for the waistcoat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do indeed, I'll bring it when next we catch up!

    ReplyDelete