Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Self Stitched September!

September 1, first day of spring (although you wouldn't know it here!), my step dad Ed's birthday, and the first day of Self Stitched September! And here is my first outfit of the month:
Navy wool trousers, burgundy t shirt, green cardigan, all made by me! The scarf is thrifted. This was warm enough for the miserable rainy weather we had today. It took me out to the library, and shopping, and to lunch and then to the indoor playground for coffee with my sister in law while our boys played.

Then to make the first day of SSS memorable, a second outfit! Today is my step father Ed's 60th birthday and the family went out for dinner to celebrate. I wore my procrastination skirt, but wasn't happy with any of the tops I had for the occasion so I made this red one this afternoon! It's another of my mum's patterns, early eighties, Butterick 3969 in bright red interlock from my stash. It says on the pattern that you can make it in two hours. I did! I took my Damson shawl along in case I got chilly, but as you can see from the roaring fire and my rosey cheeks, I didn't really need it!

So that's one day down, 29 to go!

2 comments:

  1. Both outfits are very pretty. What pattern did you use for your skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa!
    The skirt pattern is 107 from Burda Magazine 2/2009.

    ReplyDelete