Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time to Get Cracking on Christmas

I'm on holiday! Yay! We're visiting Darron's hometown this week and staying with my wonderful in laws. Unfortunately, this means that I'm away from all my equipment and fabric, and yarn (except for the big bag of knitting I brought along) so even though it is well and truly time to get cracking on the Christmas gifts, I'm just going to have to wait until we get home. Of course I may have to visit the wonderful little fabric and quilting shop just around the corner here. She stocks a wonderful range of bag handles!

Before we left I did manage to get started on the Christmas stuff. I have a stack of doll and toy making books from the 70s & 80s. Some have come from my mum, some from op shops and some I am quite sure magically appeared on my shelves as I have no recollection of their acquisition.


They are chock full of strange and wonderful toys, and once you get your mind past the interesting fabric choices and odd expressions on the toys faces, there are some great basic toy patterns. The chickens below were made from a pattern in the book above. Two fat quarters and some felt scraps and fabric paint, all of which I had sitting about.


They were easy, quick, and will be perfect for one of my little nieces for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment