Monday, March 11, 2013

Little Bits and Pieces

It's really difficult to knit a gift for your husband when he is working afternoon shifts for a month and your only knitting time is after the kids are in bed.  Of course it would have been easier if I were knitting a light colour but I chose to use a black and deep red sock yarn.  It nearly broke my eyes, but I got I finished and blocked a neck warmer for Darron to go with his motorbike gear.  A simple slip stitch pattern to break up the pooling.


Pattern: Ceres Celebration Cowl
Yarn: Ewe Give Me The Knits sock yarn


Another gift knit for early February was a pair of little lace fingerless mitts for our niece Bella.  I struggled to find any children's patterns that weren't chunky, so I found a DK weight adults pattern and downsized yarn and needles.


Pattern: Digitalis Mitts
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills 2ply (held double)
Needles: 2.5mm
Mods: I only used the lace pattern for the cuff and knitted a plain hand and thumb with three rows of garter to finish.


Last little bit is a little grey dress.  I made this one at the start of February and it has had a lot of wear already.  Its so light and comfy, and has been perfect for this never ending summer.


Pattern: McCalls 8555 (From the Brooke Shields Signature Collection!) 1983 View B


Fabric: Lightweight grey jersey from the op shop
Mods: I left the hem unfinished because I wanted to wear this one straight away and it sits nicely so I'm going to leave it raw.

Coming up next: February's outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment