Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Me Made May

Given that it begins tomorrow, I'd better get my Me Made May '13 pledge happening!  Here it is:

'I, Jen of Huff Makes Stuff, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour the majority of my outfit to be me-made each day for the duration of May 2013'

Here's what I have to work with:


That's the lot except for a couple of knits that I've left lying around the house!


Keeping in mind that all of the sewn clothes have been made in 2013, I don't think I'm doing too badly.


On the other hand, in the pile of cardigans and vest, only one was made this year, most were made over 3 years ago so this adventure will tell me just how wearable they are. (I have already passed on some of my hand knits as they were just too big and I really didn't feel like ripping them to re-knit, I want new knits!)


So that's what I'm starting with, with all my knitted accessories too.  No doubt Joss will photobomb at every opportunity this month, in this one she's saying "Big smile!"  I'm still sewing and knitting for my 12 outfits so there will be new things going into rotation during the month as well.  I will be trying to use my thrifted clothes a little to supplement the wardrobe, and I think I might bring forward the coat I was planning on making next month because it's getting cold here!

2 comments:

  1. that looks like it's going to be fun (and a challenge!) I can see some great potential matchups in that group :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It will be a good test of how I'm going with making a wearable wardrobe.

      Delete