Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Tale of Two Skirts

I very rarely make the same pattern twice.  I like variety and find production line sewing incredibly boring.  However this week I bucked the trend and made two skirts from the one pattern.  



I had chosen this A line skirt with hip yoke pockets for my May outfit in pink pinwale cord, then I happened upon 80cm of wool tartan that really wanted to be a simple skirt with pockets as well.  I figured that in two different fabrics, one with lining, there would be enough difference between the two.


I made the tartan first and took great care to match the plaid.  I'm particularly pleased with the back.



This is the lined skirt, I used the same lining as I did for my critter blazer.  I was going to just put in an invisible zipper but when I was rummaging through my zips I found a nice old metal zip and decided to use that instead.


The cord skirt is not lined an has an invisible zip.  There will be more pics of this one once it's with the rest if May's outfit, which looks like it will be finished before May even begins!






3 comments:

  1. I love both of your dresses! Lovely work.

    Claire

    Http://squintyseam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * skirts!! I've got dresses on the brain at the moment! :-)

      Delete
  2. Love that tartan skirt. Cool!

    ReplyDelete