Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Productive Weekend

This past weekend has been a productive one for me.  That is if you disregard housework, study, laundry and numerous other things that might have benefited my household and personal development.  It has been a really productive knitting weekend, so the benefits are to my mental health and my 12 outfits.  Actually, I made a huge batch of awesome beef stroganoff so there is that as well.

First up I finished my Beatnik!  That completes July's outfit, so you're only one daggy photo shoot away from seeing it.  In the meantime here is a little bit of it, first thing in the morning, because it's cosy and warm, and I've worn it every day since I sewed in the last end.



Next I picked up the Maroo mitts I started in June while holidaying in Queensland.  After they sat, unloved, for nearly two months with only onle glove half finished, I finished both in a day.  I'm using them as a starting point to get more confident/familiar/awesome at colour work.  These will be a part of August's outfit.



With those two projects off the needles, I started on the big knit for August's outfit.  It's not a big challenge or a complicated project but as it is a rather large Mara shawl it will probably take some time to finish.  It is off to a great start though, here it is getting some rows at swimming lessons this morning.


I feel like I'm back on track with 12 outfits.  Even though I never really got far off track, especially since the track was so flexible in the first place.  I'm feeling inspired and motivated right now so I'm rolling with it!

4 comments:

  1. bah, what has housework ever done for anyone?! ;)

    beautiful knitting, so always...although I do fear you may soon begin to think I'm stalking you!

    first the ski bonnet, and now I have a Beatnik in the pipeline too ;)

    I think we may also have the same glasses... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! Housework is for chumps.

    Stalk away! All it means is we both must have exceptional taste in knits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful work. I really love the scalloped fair isle design on your finger less gloves.

    ReplyDelete